The Manitoba Association of Home Economists can benefit you through provincial conferences and local events and provides the opportunity for members to network with others in the profession. This can lead to information sharing, valuable professional contacts, possible job contracts, and the development of friendships. MAHE regularly receives job notices relevant to our members. MAHE notifies members electronically about new job postings.
Free Student Membership
Effective September, 2014, any undergraduate/graduate student registered in the Home Economics/Human Ecology field of study may apply for free MAHE membership. As with all MAHE memberships, acceptance is subject to approval by the Admissions Committee. Renewal is required annually. The membership year is from May 1st to April 30th.
If you qualify for a free membership, you may print out the application (link below) and return it by mail, or use the online registration system at Join MAHE. If you are a renewing Student member, you may log into your online account to proceed.
- Review the General Information and Instructions document
- Read the MAHE Code of Professional Conduct
- View/print the Member Application form (8.5 x 14" paper)
- View/print the Limitation to the Use and Disclosure of Personal Information form
- Submit the forms to the Manitoba Association of Home Economists, Box 582, Station Main, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3C 2J3.
- We do encourage applying for IFHE (International Federation of Home Economists) Student membership at the reduced Student rate.
Student Member Category:
- A person who is in the process of completing the academic qualifications required to become an active practising member, and who
- Is enrolled in an undergraduate university program in home economics/human ecology for a minimum of eighteen credit hours per academic year, or
- Is enrolled in graduate study in home economics/human ecology for a minimum of six months of the membership year and to a maximum of four years.
- Student members may hold appointive office, but are not entitled to vote, nor hold elective office, nor use the professional title and designation.
Reduced Rates for New Graduates
New graduates within the first year of graduation are eligible for a reduced rate membership. The cost of a reduced membership is $95.00 (regular $135.00). There is also the option to add on an IFHE membership (International Federation of Home Economics). Learn more about IFHE.
Questions / Help?
1) Try our User Help file