Welcome to the Manitoba Association of Home Economists
Human Ecology's Future in the University of Manitoba Faculty Restructuring Process
For information and updates on MAHE's efforts to protect the integrity of the Faculty of Human Ecology during the restructuring at the University of Manitoba, visit our Position Statement page.
Media reports on the restructuring:
- Home Economists Fear Demise of University Program (Manitoba Cooperator, October 30, 2013)
- Home Economists Defend University Program (Western Producer, November 8, 2013)
- U of M Merger of Faculties On Track (Winnipeg Free Press, November 26, 2013)
- The Wreck of Home Ec (Winnipeg Free Press, February 1, 2014)
After the faculty is dismantled what happens to annual dues and designation? Read MAHE's response to this common member question.
Middle Years Home Economics Curriculum Renewal
Active practicing Middle Years Home Economics teachers are encouraged to apply to be part of the Middle Years Home Economics Curriculum Development Team. Deadline is December 4, 2013 and interested teachers must be nominated by their Superintendents. View the message from MAHE to our members and the Call for Nominations letter from Manitoba Education and Advanced Learning.
Media reports on the curriculum update:
- Province Promises Long-Overdue Update of Home Economics Curriculum (Manitoba Cooperator, November, 2013)